Aura 2Tuesday 21 February, 2017
Aura 2 is now available. This is a big update, and Aura is becoming an even more powerful way to work with your Gmail.
So, what's new?
- real time notifications. You'll get notifications instantly, not 30 seconds or 1 minute after the e-mail arrives
- synchronisation. If you read a message in the browser, it will automatically mark as read in Aura
- a unified inbox right in your menu bar. New messages can be opened, archived and deleted right from your menu bar.
- powerful search, across all your accounts. You can even use Gmail search operators like from:, subject: and has:attachment
- starred messages
- Aura displays the number of messages in a conversation
- optional dark theme to match the macOS dark dock and menu bar
Aura is leaving the Mac App Store. I now believe that the store is not the best place to distribute Mac software, or the best way to provide a good experience for customers. Aura v1.3 will remain on the App Store till Friday 3 March.
While there is a free trial of Aura, there is no longer a free version. Aura is moving to subscription pricing, and after 30 days will cost $2.99 per month. After much consideration, this seems the fairest way to provide a continually improving app. I'm putting my efforts into making better software rather than launching an ad-supported or otherwise restricted version.
Everyone who purchased v1.x of Aura Pro gets Aura 2 free for one year. Just forward your App Store receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll set you up.
There is no way right now to sign up for a subscription, but I'll provide one shortly and everyone using Aura will have the opportunity to sign up before the trial runs out.